Tuesday, March 29, 2005

So much for homework

Today was supposed to be spent doing homework all day. Instead, I was on the line with the travel agency and Continental Airlines trying to figure out how the heck plane tickets for some time next year jumped $230 each the day after I made my reservations. Somehow I doubt that a bunch of people all of the sudden decided to fly from Salt Lake to Guatemala City on January 19th next year. My new conspiracy theory is that since I made reservations but didn't pay for the tickets immediately, they felt obligated to hike up the prices just in case I decided that I really wanted to go. ARGH! Frustrating. Needless to say, I eventually got my tickets for the original price I had been quoted. My mom, however, had to deal with a $130 price jump per ticket. At least it's still cheaper than last time. We are, however, looking forward to going to Guatemala next year. There are a lot of people and places to see, and I'm excited that Stef will get to see my mission land. It's also nice to have the money out of my bank accout, so that I know how much we really have left in it.

No comments: