Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Dude. I'm Sick of Hospitals.

I’ve been to multiple hospitals over the past week (four or so), and today I found out that the underlying cause of all my problems might actually be asthma, which I’ve never been diagnosed with but always wondered if I had. When I have my anxiety attacks, it’s usually time for bed, and luckily, it’s day time in America. So I can call or Skype my family and take my mind off everything.

I have a friend out here who has invited me over to learn his hobby (of which I’ve made plenty of fun in my day)–Magic: The Gathering. I’ve actually had a good time socializing and learning something that does plenty to distract me and exercise my brain.

I’m excited to feel better. I’ve never really had to take medications (other than stuff to kill parasites and dengue fever during my time in Guatemala), so it’s a bit weird. And I admit, it felt weird to visit the “crazy person hospital”. There was probably a more appropriate place for me to visit than what seemed to be the place where Hugo Reyes lived in LOST.

No comments: