Wednesday, April 22, 2009

You Will Never Reach the Twenty Fourth Level of Awareness

OK. Heads up, everyone: I’ve already posted two long entries to my blog today. This is my third post. Scroll down for the other two.

Stef took Mia to the doctor yesterday. She’s almost up to 8 pounds now. She’s strong, healthy, and growing. She’s very alert—often more so than we’d like. It’s always nice to hold her, but sometimes holding her keeps us from cleaning, or other things we need to take care of. I’ll try to post some pictures later.

We ordered a bunch of stuff from The Flying Pig, a service that ships Costco goods to your door in Japan. We got a box full of:
 Pickles
 Dr. Pepper
 Those Huge Costco Dogs
 Bagels
 Pretzels
 Tim Tams: Australian chocolate covered wafer cookie awesomeness

I never would have imagined I’d consider pickles to be a comfort food.

Close to our house, there’s a store that sells things in larger quantities than those of the normal stores. You can get ground beef, chicken, butter, baking ingredients, and all sorts of frozen goods at awesome prices. Some people don’t shop there because not all of the products sold there are made in Japan. Patriotism is fine, but call me a traitor if it’ll save me 30% on my groceries.

1 comment:

Ryan and Erin said...

I enjoy how you write Jesse. It only makes me miss you more and left wishing I could just buzz over to your place after a long day and vent or chill.