Saturday, October 13, 2007

JET Application

I am applying for the JET Programme, a government program that sends people to Japan to teach English for a year. In the application, they ask for all of my transcripts, including community college. I'm left with a dilemma: do I fail to include my horrible grades at ARC, or do I turn them in like an honest person and have it hurt my application? My BYU grades are good enough, and hopefully they'll realize that I had a life changing experience in Guatemala and learned how to stay motivated. I do fear, however, that they'll see how horribly I did at AR and reject my application. People don't always give you a chance to prove that you're better than the data might show. I've requested my grades from ARC, but I am very afraid of what they will be.

No comments: