Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Guys' night

Jeremy and Tom Roderick came over Tuesday night and we had a guys’ night until about 1:30. We kicked the night off with some Halo 2, with Tom and Jeremy pretty much abusing me at will. The problem with that game is that everybody else has played it more. Even though I’m pretty good at controlling my guy and aiming, everybody else knows how to navigate through the maps and find the overshields. When we turned overshields off and allowed rocket launchers, I held my own.

After Halo, we popped in FIFA 2007 and played some soccer. As fun as that game is, it might just be the most difficult sports game I’ve ever played. The control is easy enough, but the computer is so amazingly hard to defeat. They scored in the 90th minute to beat us three or four games in a row. It didn’t help that Tom kept forgetting that you couldn’t slide tackle at will. By the end of each game, I think we were two or three players down from all the yellow and red cards we got.

Frustrated at the impossibility of FIFA, popped in NHL 2K7 and turned off penalties, icing, and fatigue. Then we proceeded to open-ice check anyone and anything that got in our way. We had a jolly good time thrashing the computer.

1 comment:

Tom Rod said...

Hahah! Yeah, I think my ability to learn new controls decreases after a nice big pizza!