Monday, April 9, 2007

R8R H8Rs

Is it just me, or are A's fans and Raiders fans two completely different breeds? It's very common to see someone rooting for the A's between April and October, but then switching sides of the bay come football season. I know that I certainly like the 49ers more than the Raiders. Maybe we're trying to distance ourselves from the "bad boy" image associated with the Raiders.

Strangely, I don't know if I've ever met a Giants/Raiders fan. When I was growing up, my Dad was a diehard Giants/Niners fan, so I have always liked both San Francisco teams. However, I always went to A's games with my best friend, and I ended up gravitating towards the A's. I've stuck with the A's, Niners, and Kings through the good years and the bad, yet I only really care about the Giants if they've made the playoffs.

As for the Raiders, I despise what they've done to my beautiful baseball stadium. I remember looking out at the Oakland hills, watching people walk behind the scoreboard. Now, all I see is a huge mountain of glass and concrete.

No comments: